Gulliver Swim-A-Thon raises more than $55,000
More than 200 swimmers of all ages raised more than $55,000 at Gulliver’s recent Make a Splash Swim-A-Thon at the Preparatory Campus Aquatic Center.
Proceeds raised from the third annual event support the school’s annual fund, benefiting the Gulliver Booster Club and the Performing and Visual Arts departments. A special gift will be made to KiDZ Neuroscience Center at the Miami Project to Cure Paralysis.
Connor Kuci, a senior, was once again the student chair for the Swim-A-Thon. “I have been involved with the inception of this event since my sophomore year and watched its tremendous growth. The support and enthusiasm that students and parents alike share for the Swim-A-Thonis amazing and I couldn’t be more proud of what we’ve accomplished,” said Kuci.
Participants included Gulliver swim and water polo teams, students, parents, faculty and alumni. More than 200 families working and attending the event cheered the students on as they each earned money by swimming a maximum of 72 laps, one mile.
The top fundraisers were Awwal, Hayaat and Kamal Kay-Ramos, who raised $6,795. Among the other top fundraisers were Shannon Signorello, Connor Kuci, Giovanni Romeo, Kiara Kamlani, Ricky Hermida, Mekayla Frazier, the Buttrick boys, Niles and Emily Miller and Lucie and Ryan Gibeau.
Sponsors for the Swim-A-Thon were:
- Backstroke Sponsor: Florida East Coast Industries
- Breaststroke Sponsor: The Lopez Family
- Butterfly Sponsors: Amazon Beverages, Children’s Skin Center, Coconut Grove Bank, Cool de Sac, Jennifer Leesfield ‘91 and The Leesfield Family Foundation, Oceana Cruises
- Relay Sponsors: Adrian Legaspi, MD, Billbrough & Marks, P.A., Camp Specialists, Dr. Juan, Kara and Damon Diez, the Haskett Family, Hollub Homes, Dr. Muriel Iwanowski, Ronin Advertising
- Platform Sponsors: 3400 Coral Way Ltd., Center for Excellence in Eye Care, The Woody Foundation
Participants received a reusable goodie bag of gifts and enjoyed food and refreshments courtesy of the Bagel Emporium, Blue Q, the Catering Shop, Charley’s Grilled Subs, Chicken Kitchen, Cool De Sac, CrepeMaker, Joanna’s Marketplace, Mountain Valley Water, Nothing Bundt Cakes, R&T Signature Grill, Ready. Set. Cupcakes!, Rob’s Really Good Beverages, Whole Foods and Yogurt by U, among others.